Welcome to Amesbury, Massachusetts
Whether you're looking to revel in the history, eat a fantastic meal at one of the many great restaurants, shop the unique local businesses, or get outside to enjoy the local trails, there is plenty to enjoy and much to explore in Amesbury! Scroll down to view some of our featured real estate listings located on the Merrimack River.
- Phat Cats Bistro. It's Amesbury's version of Cheers. The kind of restaurant where everyone welcomes you and makes you feel at "home." The food is outstanding, the menu eclectic, the drinks are made the way drinks should be made and the wine offerings are well chosen. Reservations are necessary because everyone knows their name.
- Market Square Bakehouse. Best coffee house around. Fresh baked muffins, scones, croissants, cookies, etc. Breakfast wraps, sandwiches and paninis. Outdoor seating in the square on a beautiful day is the best.
- Cider Hill Farm. The freshest produce & fruits in town. Don't forget the amazing cider donuts, pastries and pies. Highlights include apple, strawberry and raspberry picking – and finding the perfect pumpkin while the leaves are falling.
- Jewell Town Vineyards. Trip Advisor listed as one of the top 50 winery and brewery destinations in the country! Tasting an oaky wine straight from the barrel will always be an experience unlike anything from a bottle. Learn about wine making and stop in for a wine tasting while viewing the beautiful vineyard landscape.
- Hodgies. Our absolute favorite ice cream stand! Divine homemade ice cream, huge variety of flavors, enormous portions and below average prices! Try Danish Almond Cream, Salted Caramel, Black Raspberry, Chocolate Marshmallow and Ginger! Enjoy your ice cream while sitting out on a picnic table beneath the pine trees.
- Flatbread Pizza. A delightful twist on pizza - organic ingredients on hand thrown flatbread crust, fired in a giant wood burning stove before your eyes. Set in an old cotton mill building on the fast moving Pow Wow River, Flatbread is family-friendly with comfy community vibes. The delicious pizza, salads and brownie sundaes are NOT to be missed!
- Amesbury Riverwalk. Amesbury's paved rail trail and bike path allows walkers and bikers to travel between the Lower Millyard in downtown Amesbury and Carriagetown Marketplace (Stop & Shop) with only one street crossing. The rail trail is well-maintained and is popular with families, walkers and joggers. The trail parallels the Lower Powow River, which is visible through the trees at certain points.